Things I Love About Afternoon Tea:
- Getting a little dressed up for the occasion
- Sitting around a table laid with beautiful china and cutlery
- Eating dainty pastries and delicious scones
- Contemplating the correct way to pronounce “scones” (s-KOHNs? s-KAHNs?)
- Speaking in hushed tones and feeling very important. Pinkies raised.
- Ordering champagne in the middle of the afternoon, to accompany the tea.
- Perhaps getting a little tipsy and no longer speaking in hushed tones, but still feeling very important
- Eating one too many skahns, and no longer feeling very important, but feeling very full
- Feeling very full, while still continuing to finish off those pastries (it’s afternoon TEA, it hardly counts as a meal!)
ShoppingExercise is now necessary – perhaps walking from the tea room to the shops?